The first elctrified narrow-gaige railway in central Europe ran from Lubochna to Mocidla. Between 1904 and 1967 it caried timber and forestry workers, children going to school and, occasionaly tourists. The 760 mm-gauge track had a gradient of up to 118 0/000, a total length of twenty-eight kilometres and trolley grid with unidirectional current of 550 volts supplied by a hydroelectric power station on the River Lubochnianka. The track was also used by steam and diesel locomotives.
The first 1,000 mm-gauge electrified section in Slovakia, which had own steam power station, was that in the High Tatras between Poprad and Stary Smokovec, inaugurated on 22nd December, 1908. The first trial run on tracks of standard 1,435 mm gauge was performed by engine E499.001 between Zilina and Varin on 29th August, 1953.
The electric locomotive illustrated is one of two built by the firm of Ganz in Budapest in 1905 for the Lubochna narrow-gauge railway. It weighed 10 tons, was 4,238 m length and had speed of 30 km/h and power of 2 x 18 kW.
The FDC depicts a set of points.